How to Dab Mellow Fellow Diamonds: HHC, Delta 10 and Delta 8 Concentrates
Dabbing has become a popular way to consume cannabis, and for good reason – it’s a potent, efficient way to feel its effects. So that begs the question- do you know how to dab? No, not the once popular dance move. We’re not asking if you know how to “dab on them haters” (though we’re sure you do). We’re talking about dabbing cannabis concentrate.
If you’re new to dabbing, though, the process can seem daunting. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this post, we’ll teach you how to dab Mellow Fellow HHC, Delta 10 and Delta 8 Diamonds. We'll also go over the tools you'll need and potential benefits of dabbing.
About Delta 8
Delta-8 is a naturally-occurring compound found in hemp. Our Delta-8 oils are produced from hemp, legally and responsibly by PhD chemists, testing at over 95% with the rest being cannabinoid minors.
What are the benefits of dabbing?
So why dab concentrates when you can smoke flower, vape cannabis oils, or eat edibles? Many people actually prefer dabbing so let’s go over some reasons why.
- Purity - Oftentimes, cannabis concentrates are purer than other forms of cannabis. It’s free of plant matter, which means that it is also free of the harmful carcinogens that are a byproduct of smoking the plant fibers.
- Stronger flavor - Dabbing cannabis concentrates allows you to enjoy a stronger, purer, more plant-like flavor. This is great if you really want to savor the flavor of the cannabis you’re consuming. For instance, Mellow Fellow’s Van Gogh’s creativity blend diamonds in the strain Mr. Clean has been raved about for its refreshing taste of smooth citrusy lime.
- Smokeless & Less Odor - Dabbing also usually produces less odor than smoking cannabis. This may be perfect for you if you want to consume cannabis in a more discrete manner.
- Fast & Effective - Due to its high concentration of THC and other cannabinoids, the effects are felt quickly after inhalation. Not only will you get high faster, but the relieving effects from anxiety, pain, and inflammation will also come on quicker.
What Tools Do You Need to Dab?
- Dab Rig: a water pipe made specifically for dabbing. It cools dab vapor before it hits your lungs. It looks similar to a bong except instead of a bowl, it will have a fitting for a nail.
- Dab Nail or banger: It’s an attachment that fits into a dab rig, where dabs/concentrates are heated by a torch, then vaporized for inhalation. Nails are usually made of quartz, borosilicate, ceramic, or titanium since they need to withstand high temperatures.
- Carb cap: a glass, ceramic, quartz, or titanium cap that is placed on top of the nail to retain the heat of the glass. A carb cap helps trap the residual heat of the burning concentrate, maintaining that optimum temperature so the heat has a chance to vaporize all the concentrate on the nail. It’s also used to control the airflow, allowing for smoother hits.
- Dabber: A long, slender tool used for removing a dab from a concentrate container and placing it inside the nail for heating. Using a dabber prevents a sticky mess and helps avoid putting your hands near a hot (and we mean HOT) nail.
- Torch: A butane hand torch is recommended for heating the nail sufficiently and dabbing at the right temperatures. Propane torches burn a hotter flame that can damage the nail.
- High quality concentrates of your choice, be it cannabis, delta 8 dabs, delta 10 dabs, etc.
How to Dab Cannabis Cannabis Concentrates
Before we get into the nitty gritty, first we have to emphasize that everyone should exercise caution when dabbing. Even the most experienced tokers are often surprised by how potent concentrates can be.
You may be familiar with the old adage “you must crawl before you walk”. This holds very true for dabs. Starting low and slow is the best approach. Remember you can always get higher but once you are too far gone, there’s no undo button. The only thing bringing you back to earth is time and maybe a nice nap.
Step by Step How To Dab Cannabis Concentrates
1. Use a dabber to collect a small amount of concentrate on the end and set it aside until the nail is heated to the appropriate temperature. A quarter of a pea or half the size of a grain of rice is more than enough. ESPECIALLY if you’re a beginner. It may look like a small amount but remember that concentrates are much more potent than flower.
2. Using your torch, heat up the bottom of the nail for about 10 to 30 seconds. Alternatively, some people wait until it is glowing red. Move the flame around in small slow circles to distribute the heat evenly. *Safety tip: shut off the torch before proceeding.
3. Once the nail is hot, wait for it to cool to the desired temperature. It’s recommended to wait 10 seconds for titanium nails and 45 to 60 seconds for quartz nails. Patience is key here, you don't want to torch the terpenes and kill the flavor.
4. Remember the dab (concentrate) you set aside earlier? Use your dab tool to carefully drop it into the nail, then slowly inhale it through the mouthpiece. Rotate the dabber tip on the hot banger/nail to avoid wasting any wax stuck on it. DO NOT TOUCH THE NAIL as it will still be very hot.
5. Cover the dab with a carb cap and finish inhaling. When you inhale, don’t hold it in. Blow out the smoke right away. Sadly, holding it in will not give you a stronger hit, it will only make you cough.
6. Exhale the vapor, sit back and enjoy.
A Helpful How to Dab Video:
Dabbing is a great way to enjoy cannabis and other alternative cannabinoids. They’re incredibly potent and get the job done rather quickly. But remember, whether you're a beginner or not, it’s best to go slow when partaking. Now that you know how to dab, be sure to check out Mellow Fellow’s all natural hemp derived diamonds dabs along with our disposable vapes, edibles, and cartridges in delta 8, delta 10, HHC and our carefully curated premium blends. Stay safe and stay mellow.
Featured on Leafly: https://www.leafly.com/brands/mellow-fellow
Do a dab will do ya?
Shells in my city Fort Wayne selling fake thco Diamonds