Thanksgiving is fast approaching and we all know one of the most important aspects of the holiday is the food. If you’re looking for a twist on tradition, then this is the guide for you. In this guide, we'll explore how to infuse holiday dishes with CBD tinctures. Get ready to savor the warmth of familiar flavors complemented by the soothing effects of CBD as we delve into a menu that will elevate your Thanksgiving gathering.
What is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a non psychoactive cannabinoid that exists in cannabis and hemp plants. It was first discovered in 1940. CBD has gained immense popularity due to its reported therapeutic properties. It interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system, potentially promoting a sense of ease and relaxation. Research shows that CBD use can benefit people with conditions like anxiety, auto-inflammatory diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases, like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. People also use CBD for nausea relief, as well as relief from chronic pain. You can find CBD in tinctures, oils, gummies, sprays, and more.
Before diving into the recipes, it's important to understand dosing. CBD affects individuals differently, so it's recommended to start with a low dose and adjust as needed. Generally, 10-20mg is a good place to start. Consulting with a healthcare professional is also advised, especially if you have existing medical conditions or are new to CBD. Before you start prepping your CBD infused meal, ensure that your friends and family know that CBD will be included in the menu.
Best CBD Infused Thanksgiving Recipes
The form of CBD you use in these recipes is up to your discretion. You can use either CBD oil or CBD tinctures in the following recipes. However, some CBD oils or tinctures come with additional flavors that could either enhance or clash with the dish. For instance, a CBD oil or tincture with a mint flavor might complement a dessert recipe like a CBD-infused key lime pie. Either way, it’s important to avoid exposing the tincture or oil to high heat, as excessive heat can degrade the CBD and reduce its effectiveness. If using CBD tinctures, consider adding it to dishes after cooking.
One of the best and easiest ways to incorporate CBD oil is by infusing it into sauces, gravies or combining it with olive oil mixed with cannabis oil. This is because the oil distributes evenly in the liquid and the CBD is not heated to a high boiling point which would cause it to break down. You could also make CBD butter to incorporate in your recipes. Without further ado, let’s jump into the recipes.
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 to 3 tsp CBD infused butter
- ¼ cup regular butter
- ¾ tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water
- Cover the pan and bring the water to boil
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender
- Drain well
- Add milk, infused butter, regular butter, salt, and pepper
- Mash until light and fluffy
CBD Infused Gravy
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 600 ml of chicken stock
- 1 tsp of cornstarch (mix well in a tablespoon of hot water)
- Salt and pepper
- 20 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil
- (Optional) 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Saute finely chopped onions in butter in a large skillet over medium heat, being careful not to burn.
- When the onion starts to become translucent, (approx. 5 minutes) add the crushed garlic cloves.
- Saute for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the fresh rosemary and fresh sage. Allow to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring continuously to ensure nothing burns.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and then lower the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Before adding to the gravy – Mix 1 tsp cornstarch into 1 tbsp hot water and mix well to ensure a nice slurry with even consistency. Add to the gravy and whisk thoroughly and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- If gravy is not thick enough – repeat step 5 until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Melt 10 g butter in a bowl and add 20 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil and mix thoroughly – add to the gravy and stir thoroughly
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Wholegrain mustard is an optional extra for added flavor.
- 1 Loaf Crusty Bread
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 3 Leaves Sage
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth (Can be subbed for Vegetable broth!)
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Celery Stalks
- Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Cups Mushroom
- Black Pepper
- 20 – 40 Drops of CBD Oil (Depending on desired strength)
- Preheat Oven to 400 F. Peel off the outer layer of garlic, then cut off the top of the head to expose the tops of each clove. Place head of garlic in a cupcake tin and pour 2 Tbsp Olive Oil on top. Place a second cupcake tin on top, and bake for 1 hour. Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 225 F. Cut loaf of bread into 1” cubes and spread out on a baking sheet. Mix 30 drops of Hemp Complete and 2 tbsp of olive oil together and drizzle over the top of the bread. Bake for 20 minutes, stir to re-arrange cubes, and repeat twice for a total of 1 hour baking. Preheat the oven to 375 when complete.
- Dice onions, celery, rosemary, sage, and mushrooms.
- Melt 4 tbsp of butter on low heat. Add in celery, onion, and ⅔ tsp salt (to taste). Stir occasionally for 15-20 min until onions are translucent. Add in herbs and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Turn heat to high. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil, when hot add mushrooms and ¼ tsp salt. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix mushrooms, onion, and celery together in a bowl, and add in 25 drops of Complete 6X and 4 mashed cloves of garlic
- Whisk eggs, ¼ tsp salt, and freshly ground pepper (to taste) into chicken broth. Stir vegetable mixture and bread into this and stir until evenly coated. Pour into a 9×13 pan.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter and stir in 15 drops of CBD Oil. Drizzle over the top of the stuffing. Top with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 375F. Remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let stuffing cool slightly and enjoy!
CBD Pumpkin Pie
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 200mg Heritage CBD: Unflavored
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 oz pure pumpkin
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 9-inch pie crust
- Whipped cream (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 315
- Mix salt, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar together in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, CBD oil, and vanilla.
- Slowly add pumpkin and the spice mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in evaporated milk and whisk until smooth.
- Line pie dish with the pie crust dough.
- Carefully pour in pumpkin pie filling.
- Using the back of a fork, press the edge of the pie crust down against the dish.
- Bake for approximately 75-90 minutes or until a small knife pressed into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 45 minutes
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 ml orange juice
- 100 ml water
- 300 g of dried cranberries
- ½ an orange
- 10 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Place sugar, water and orange juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat, stirring frequently. Once boiling, lower the heat and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in dried cranberries, orange and pinch of salt and cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Melt 5 g of butter in a bowl and add 10 drops of 1000 mg CBD oil and mix thoroughly – add to the saucepan, mixing well.
- Cook for 1 minute before removing from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Can be served warm or left to cool entirely.
With these recipes, you can give your thanksgiving festivities a therapeutic touch, offering your guests a unique and memorable dining experience. To find more ways to incorporate CBD into your lifestyle, check out the Mellow Fellow Wellness line. This range offers premium CBD blends, featuring cannabinoids like THCv and CBG, providing a variety of options to suit individual needs. This Thanksgiving, as you gather around the table, let the infusion of CBD elevate your dining experience and add a touch of relaxation to the warmth of family, gratitude, and delicious food.
Share on Social